Wednesday 6 January 2016

My 2016 Blog Goals


I'm not usually one to set myself New Year Resolutions. I often find them a little clique and it almost feels like I'm setting myself up for failure when I do. With that being said, I may not set myself personal goals out loud, but I would like to set myself some blog goals to help keep me on track; I feel 2016 is the year for me and my blog.

When I started my blog back when I was at university, it was purely a hobby and a way to bu8ld my writing skills and experience for my course. But over the years, despite nothing major coming of it, I definitely feel like I've grown with my blog and it's slowly becoming something I'm extremely proud of. While I do now have a full time job, I am determined this year to make my blog a priority when I can and not let it slip back into what it did in the latter part of 2015. After all, my job is social media/writing so if I  can manage that I can certainly stick to my blog!

So with that in mind, I'm going into 2016 with every intention of putting everything I can into my little blog, with regular posting and great content and imagery. I'm going for the quality over quantity approach this year.

So with that in mind, onto my blogging goals/resolutions for 2016!


#1 Join The Community
When I started blogging, I loved talking with people, engaging in weekly blogger chats and of course making new friends. Now while I do still engage and try to be involved where I can, I definitely don't do it enough. So in 2016 I want to get more involved with the blogging community as a whole, both online (I'm looking at you Twitter/Instagram) and in real life.


#Photography and Imagery
One of the things I love most about blogging is the imagery it creates alongside the written word. I love all aspects of photography and while my photos aren't nearly as good as I would like them to be, I'm definitely planning on learning and developing my skills in 2016 to make them just that. In 2016 I want to push myself even further and really up my photography here on iamemmawilde.com, as well as on my social channels as that is a huge part of what I love doing too. Don't forget to follow my social media to keep updated, links to the right...


#3 Quality Over Quantity
As mentioned, I'm opting for the quality over quantity approach this year. I've always strived to post everyday, feeling like my blog wouldn't thrive if I didn't when in actual fact, that isn't the case at all. I want to feel proud of each and every post I put up and so I'm really going to be focusing on my photography and written content and put thought into what I put out there. I hate feeling so proud of a post and then the next day it being overshadowed/pushed down by another, possibly rushed post. The plan is to post around 5 days a week with quality, varied content.


#4 More Fashion-Focused
Although my blog is very beauty-focused, my passion is fashion and I'd like to inject this more into my blog with regular outfit and polyvore-type styling posts. I did do this mid last year but it sort of dropped off as beauty posts are far easier to put together for me but I'm going to put a lot more effort into the fashion aspect and really thing about tips, tricks and styling while doing so.

I'd love to know your thoughts on my blogging goals for 2016. Do you prefer daily updates or is it a case of quality over quantity for you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo