Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Cleanser Edit


Cleansers come in various shapes, sizes and of course the most obvious, formula's. I’m currently using three different cleansers, which conveniently all come in different forms so I thought I’d give you a little run down and tell you my absolute favourite! 

When it comes to day-to-day cleansing, I’ll more often than not, reach for my fail-safe option, the cult Bioderma Crealine H2O Micellar water. This one needs no introductions and you've all probably either used it or read about it but it's basically the simplest cleanser I have, but one that I find to be just as effective as the others I'm going to mention. I used this everyday more so because of ease as I simply apply a bit onto two cotton pads and sweep it over my face to remove all my makeup. I usually do this in the morning too to ensure my skin is still clean. I wouldn't say this is the one to use if you want a real deep cleanse it is essentially just water but I like it and if you're looking for convenience then this is the obvious choice. 

If I want slightly more of a deep cleanse but I'm still pressed for time, I'll usually opt for the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Cleanser. This is a super lightweight, foaming facial cleanser that contains glycolic acid, which is great for everyday use to gently exfoliate the skin. I’d say this is the least oily of the three cleansers I use and that’s one of the main reasons why I use it on a daily basis as my skin can get quite oily and I don’t like the idea of adding more oils to it than necessary. After applying to damp skin (I just throw a bit of water over my face beforehand), I gently massage it into the skin causing it to foam up and breakdown all makeup. 

If I’ve had a heavy make-up day and I’m after a good deep cleanse I’ll usually reach for a thicker, balm cleanser. The Clinique Take the Day Off Balm Cleanser is the most unusual formula of the bunch but also the most effective in my opinion. I tend to scoop out a small amount and massage it into my skin, which causes the thick balm to turn into a rather oily texture that essentially breaks down your makeup. Due to how oily this cleanser is, I try to only use it once or twice a week as although it gives a real deep cleanse, I feel like it does pile in the extra oils that I personally, don’t need a lot of! 

So there you go, when it comes to my daily cleansing routine, these are the three cleansers I tend to gravitate towards the most. As mentioned, all have pros and cons and so I try to use them to suit how my skin is currently looking, the amount of makeup I have on and also the time of day – mornings a light cleanse, evenings a deeper cleanse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo