Friday 10 July 2015

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse


When it comes to fake tan, I'm pretty much a novice. I've dabbled in gradual tanners and tanning moisturisers but when it comes to the longer lasting tanners, usually those you have to wash off, I'm a total beginner but after craving a long lasting summer glow I finally decided to give in and give some of them a go. First up is the St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in dark. I opted for the dark shade because if you're going to tan, why not just get the best tan shade you can - I also heard that there really isn't much difference between the medium and dark. 

So I began with the usual steps of showering, exfoliating and moisturising and then after a few hours I applied the tan using a mitt (Primark does a few cheap and cheerful options). This tan actually comes with a colour guard, which is super helpful as it makes it obvious if you've missed any spots and you can see what the tan is going to look like pretty much the second you apply it. Now when I first applied this I was a little bit shocked just how dark it actually was and this only developed over time to an even more defined tan that left me feeling slightly oompa loompa-ish. However, after the recommended 6 hours came along I washed off the top layer of tan and was left with a much more natural looking glow that looked like I've just come home from a two week beach holiday!


As for the lasting power, I applied this on a Sunday and after each shower it did start to fade slightly but overall it lasted the whole week before I noticed as slight patches around my wrists and knees. For me, applying a tan once a week isn't really an issue and if you moisturise daily and look after it you could probably even get a few more days out of it. Now as you can see from the photos, I was quite pale beforehand so anything would have been a great result but I'm actually over the moon with how this tan turned out and I think I'm forever going to be choosing tanning mousses over anything else now. Goodbye gradual tanners.

A few points to note with this tanner; it does have that slight biscuit tanning smell and although that doesn't bother me at all, I know some people find it really annoying so maybe steer clear of this if that is the case. Also, when doing your hands and feet, I'd suggest that you use the product still left on the mitt rather than another pump of product as this will help to avoid the dreaded orange knuckles and patches. If you're going to buy this tan I'd suggest avoid the usual Boots and Superdrug as it tends to be more expensive there at around £4.99, whereas on Amazon or in Primark etc it's around £2.99.

Overall I am so pleased with the results this self tanner gave me and even for a novice like myself, it was super easy to apply and left me with a natural but noticeable bronzed tan afterwards. I would highly recommend this tanner and for the price, it is such a good product and well worth a try. Have you tried any of the St Moriz tanners? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo