Tuesday 26 May 2015

L'Oreal True Match Foundation


I'm extremely late to the party with this one but I finally bought the much raved about L'Oreal True Match Foundation. Firstly I want to mention the packaging, which is usually the downside to most drugstore foundations. It's got a glass bottle, a pump and a lid - it's a winner so far in that department! 

The foundation formula itself gives the skin a nice, natural looking glow without being too dewy and it drys to a semi-matte flawless finish that is buildable from a medium to high coverage. It contains no SPF so I'd recommend using a moisturiser that does beforehand, but this does mean it's great for for photography. Now onto the lasting power and that too doesn't disappoint. I wore this foundation for a good 10 hours and it didn't require any touch-ups and my face stayed oil-free for the whole time. My oily skin salutes this foundation. 

Now when it came to choosing a shade, ironically I didn't manage to find my 'true match' and instead had to settle for the shade N4 Beige, which is ever so slightly too dark for me but as it's getting warmer and the fake tan has come out, I think I can get away with it. I did find that a lot of the shades seem to lean to the orange side of things, despite them being categorised into warm, neutral and cool tones (there's a guide here), so this would definitely be a downside to this foundation but one that I can definitely look past. 

I can honestly say that this foundation is worth all the hype it gets. It's great for someone like myself who has quite oily skin but still wants that slight brightening, glowy effect and despite the questionable 20 shades available, I really think this foundation could be my new favourite drugstore option. 

Have you tried L'Oreal True Match Foundation? Did you manage to find your perfect shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo