Monday 25 May 2015

Business Attire



When it comes to dressing smarter, as in work/meeting appropriate, I find it really difficult to find an appropriate outfit that is both stylish and business-like. My go-to option is usually a. A dress and blazer combination or b. Patterned trousers and a smarter jacket. Both work really well but as I'm more comfortable in trousers, I like to opt for the latter and this is one of the outfits I came up with and actually wore a few weeks ago. 




PRIMARK trench and waistcoat, H&M top, F&F CLOTHING trousers, NEW LOOK shoes, ZARA headband

These trousers are a pair I actually picked up last year and rarely wore them but over the past few weeks I've found myself reaching for them more and more and they've become a real go-to piece in my wardrobe. I like to pair them with black or white pieces because of the pattern and on this occasion I opted for a simple black top and my current favourite Primark d-ring waistcoat. It's such a versatile item and can definitely be dressed up or dressed down depending on the occasion. 

I also love the layering look and that's probably the reason I like autumn/winter so much, but as the waistcoat is quite light, I thought it would be perfect worn under my new trench. Not so conventional but it works. Considering this trench is from Primark, it's awfully good quality and on me is the perfect knee length - and it only cost £10! 

Let me know if this is something you would wear on a more business-y day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo