Friday 17 April 2015

Spring Nail Edit | Neutrals


And we're back with the second part to my spring nails edit. This week it's onto the neutrals, those shades you reach for when you want something simple on your nails or even if you're heading off to a spring wedding etc. These shades are some of my favourite barely there polishes and I've been reaching for them surprisingly more than I have my bright shades. 

First up in the neutrals edit are two Rita Ora for Rimmel polishes in the shades Lose Your Lingerie and Rain Rain Go Away. My go-to of the two has to be the newest addition and that's Rain Rain Go Away as it is the perfect mauve nude that I feel will suit so many different skin tones as it has a grey hint to it. I actually have this on my nails currently and it has lasted a week so far without any chips so it's a great one! Lose Your Lingerie is the perfect pale pink shade that has the tiniest hint of shimmer but nothing that is really noticeable on the nails. This also applies well and lasts a long time - this would be great for occasions like weddings or prom etc. 

Another from Rimmel is Mary Mary Quite Contrary and this is from the standard polish line and is a barely-there lilac shade. I love how subtle this one is and it's perfect for everyday wear if you don't want to go bold and bright. I'm not normally one for garish lilac/purple shades but this one is so feminine and is definitely one of my favourites.

Next up is L'Oreal's Lemon Meringue and this is such a fresh pastel shade and really follows the current not-quite-white nail trend that seems to be appearing right now. These polishes apply probably the best of the lot and the staying power is great, the only downside is that this usually requires three coats for me to be happy with the opacity as it can end up looking slightly streaky otherwise. Not a huge blow but something to consider. 

Finally there's my least favourite of the bunch but one that will most definitely work for a lot of you out there. It's from the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine range in 'Lychee' and it is a really brown nude that just clashes with my skin tone horribly. The formula however is great, as expected fro Barry M, and I'm a huge fan of the hi-shine appearance so it gets plus points in that department for sure. 

Well there you have my spring neutrals nail edit. Don't forget to check out last weeks edit if you're more of a brights girl as I give you a run down through all the rainbow coloured shades I love! 

Don't forget to let me know your favourite spring nail shades! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo