Monday 27 April 2015

(Almost) Casual Sundays



You can probably tell from my recent outfits that I'm fully embracing spring by injecting a bit of colour (or a lack of black at least) into my wardrobe through lightweight jackets and tops. This weekend was no exception, the weather was beautiful and so it was only fitting that I wore a somewhat casual, but still very spring-themed outfit. I also seem to be having a moment with waistcoats lately...









TOPSHOP waistcoat and top, F&F CLOTHING trousers, NEW LOOK shoes, PANDORA bracelet

I rediscovered these patterned trousers from the depths of my wardrobes last week and since have worn them a couple of times styled with much smarter pieces. This however, is a super simple way to dress them down and play on the cuffed fit for a more casual, everyday look. I wore my trusty new slip-ons, which happen to be the comfiest shoes I own and an old favourite, this daisy print tee that I bought from Topshop a few years back. I always regret not getting the blush pink version! 

Now the less casual item in this outfit is definitely the waistcoat and though I imagined this pieces to be styled up in a smarter way, I do really love how it looks as part of a more laid back kind outfit. I also never thought to pair grey, white and black together but it actually works. I also imagine you could smarten this look up slightly by swapping out the trousers for a leather pair and even opting for pointed loafers instead of slip-ons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo