Tuesday 3 February 2015

A Hair Refresh


My hair has been long overdue a chop for a while now. I've put it off, simply having a 'trim' each time I've visited the hairdressers but it's come to a point now where I feel that my hair is just shapeless and pretty much just hangs. It's actually reached a point now that my hairdresser is almost too scared to cut any more than a trim off my lengths due to my constant worry that it's going to be too short. That being said, after weeks of trying to style my overly thick, shapeless hair and non-existent side bangs, I decided it was time for a change. Introducing my new, shorter do!

I go to a local hairdresser where I live and have been for several years now. I completely trust my hair stylist, I only need to begin to tell her what I want and she just knows and gets on with it. For me, having my hair cut is like going to the dentist, I can't watch so I just close my eyes and hope for the best - nervous customer much?! I knew I wanted my hair shorter and despite initially not thinking it'd be this much shorter, I do actually love it. It's just past shoulder length when straight and my hairdresser gave me a blunt cut with some shorter, thinned out layers to take out the bulkiness from my already super thick hair. I also wanted it to frame my face more so she took off some of the length from the front and now it hangs so much better. I do wear my hair curly most days so I thought I'd show you what it looks like this way rather than straight!

If you'd have told me last year that I'd have even slightly shorter hair than usual I'd have laughed at you and said never but now having had it done, I can honestly say that I love it. My hair feels so much bouncier, healthier and the styling time has reduced significantly, and despite it not actually being that short on the grand scheme of things, to me is is a huge change. It's also a lot lighter in colour, which I'm so pleased about - I get my hair toned so it's more of a white/blonde shade rather than yellow/copper.

I'm browsing the hair section of the Feel Unique website as we speak, so expect a hair routine coming up in the not so distant future! 

2 comments:

  1. Your new hair looks fab, I really could do with a trim myself but I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to the hairdressers :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so lovely! gorgeous shade too

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo