Thursday 1 January 2015

Casual Dressing: Converse & Shearling


Happy New Year all! For my first post of 2015, I thought I'd start as I mean to go on with an outfit. Hopefully you'll be seeing a lot more style-type posts around here this year, minus the sporadic breaks that seemed to occur more often than not last year. Anyway I won't ramble too much, I hope you all had a lovely New Year's and made lots of resolutions that let's face it, probably won't be stuck to! I want to thank everyone who read/followed my blog during 2014, it's been a great year - hopefully during 2015 there will be a bit more structure with the plan being to post a new outfit every Monday, Thursday and Saturday and a new video every Wednesday and Sunday. Let's see if this all goes to plan! Now onto the outfit...




H&M jacket & jumper, DOROTHY PERKINS trousers, OFFICE converse, ZARA bag

This is quite a casual look for me that I slightly dressed up with the addition of a pair of leather-look trousers I found at the back of my wardrobe! Now to some this may not seem casual at all but you'll mainly find me wearing patent loafers, snakeskin boots or knee-highs donned in chains, converse aren't my go-to shoe but seeing as 2014 was the year of 'normcore' (it still makes me shudder using that word) I thought I'd bring it through to 2015 with an outfit that is comfortable, casual and minimal effort. 

What with the combination of converse, a cricket jumper and H&M's answer to the Acne shearling jacket, I'd say other than a basic white tee and leather jacket, this is the most casual you'll see me get. That being said, some days I do feel like making less of an effort than others while wanting to still look like I didn't just roll out of bed and for me, this outfit does that job perfectly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo