Monday 12 January 2015

Black Chiffon


If someone were to ask me my favourite colour, or at least my favourite colour to wear, I'm definitely have to say black. Black is timeless, chic and different pieces can be worn with so many different items, including other black items! I can sometimes be caught complaining about a lack of colour in my wardrobe but then even after injecting some colours like burgundy and grey (not so different I know) I end up reverting back to the safety of black. I'm more than happy to live life in darkness if it means chic outfits like this are born.


NEW LOOK shirt & shoes, H&M gilet, TOPSHOP trousers, ZARA bag, MARC JACOBS watch

This outfit is one of those ones that just proves the point that black doesn't have to be boring, dull or reserved solely for funerals. It just goes to show that layering different black pieces can leave you with a rather great looking outfit (if I do say so myself).

I've been on the hunt for a shirt/dress for a long time and when I spotted this black piece from New Look i knew it was the one. I don't think I'd ever wear it as a dress but worn over leather trousers or black jeans it is the perfect layering pieces, although granted on reflection, I will be layering even more with a cami underneath! I think I'd definitely add a leather jacket underneath the gilet to wear this out and about as this weather we're experiencing in the UK at the moment is far too cold for just a sheer shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo