Friday 7 November 2014

Daily Face #1


 My blog has definitely become predominantly fashion-focused over the past few months and when I do write the odd beauty post it does tend to be sharing a newly discovered product with you. I thought I’d start something a little different and show you my ‘daily face’ every now and again to give you an insight into my routine each morning.



The first part of my routine, after moisturizing etc, is always the base. I start off by using a primer and at the moment my choice is Benefit’s Porefessional for an evened-out looking texture and a great all-round base to apply make-up on to.

Then onto the coverage portion of my make-up and for that I start by using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua if I’m having a good skin day as this foundation is very lightweight and dewy. If my skin needs a slight bit more coverage then I’ll reach for YSL Touche Eclat foundation for slightly more coverage – it usually depends greatly on the season and how my skin is at the time. I always try to finish off my base with a good, lightweight powder and at the moment I‘ve been loving Chanel Les Beiges as it is mattifying without being too heavy and it gives my foundation a great overall finish.

Following on from the base, I like to add a bronzer or a blusher to give my cheeks a bit of colour (sometimes I’ll use both), and at the moment I’ve been using NARS Laguna bronzer as it gives a great colour without making me look tango-ed! For blusher I’ve been reaching for Benefit’s Rockatuer or Nars Deep Throat as both of these have a slight shimmer running through them but nothing too out-there or resemblance of a disco ball!

For eyes, I like to keep it pretty neutral and I’ll often reach for the Urban Decay Naked Palette as it has a great range of brown, neutral tones that are perfect for everyday wear and for an inner corner highlight I like to use the Laura Mercier Cream stick in Rose Gold. My go-to mascara of the moment has definitely been L’Oreal Miss Manga as it’s jet black and gives my lashes a lengthened look when used with my Shu Emura eyelash curlers. 

Finally for lips, on an everyday basis I stick to a nude shade and currently I've been reaching for the Charlotte Tilbury combination of Pillow Talk liner and Nude Kate lipstick. They are the perfect pairing and the most perfect nude shade for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo