Wednesday 4 June 2014

The Necklace


I got a fair few odd looks when I wore this outfit last week. I'm putting it down to the sheer size of this New Look necklace, which is without a doubt one of the biggest (and heaviest) pieces of jewellery I've ever seen! Not for the faint hearted...




Jacket & Top - Primark | Jeans - Dorothy Perkins | Shoes - Topshop | Necklace - New Look | Watch - Marc Jacobs

This is a super simple outfit because I wanted to let the necklace do all the talking. I've been really struggling to figure out what to pair this New Look necklace with, so I decided that plain and simple would work best and so here it is: white blazer, black t-shirt, jeans and black shoes. I actually really like how this whole outfit looks, it's always good to wear a basic outfit now and again. This necklace was a bit of a stretch for me as I'm used to statement necklaces but not quite this statement; either way it seemed to work with this look! 

I wore this outfit as a casual, daytime look but the necklace (and blazer) could definitely be worn in the evening too, maybe paired with some leather trousers and heels. What are your thoughts on such a statement necklace? Would you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo