Wednesday 11 June 2014

Floral Kimono



What a beautiful day it was when I took these photos; the sun was shining and I couldn't resist photographing my new kimono out in the sunshine - hence the photo overload that's happening right now.







Kimono - Boohoo| Top & Jeans - Dorothy Perkins | Shoes - New Look | Watch - Michael Kors | Necklace - H&M | Sunglasses - Prada

I've wanted a kimono for absolutely ages now but I've never been able to find the one, until now. I decided to get a black one as I felt like it'd go with more and the pink/red floral pattern just adds a bit of something to it without being too in your face, after all, my wardrobe is primarily black anyway! A kimono definitely works best paired with a plain outfit I found, so I paired it with a plain black top and jeans to turn what was essentially a pretty boring outfit into something summery and more feminine. 

I also wore my new sandals from New Look, which are by far the comfiest pair of shoes I own. It honestly feels like I'm walking on a cloud - and they look good so that's a bonus. I feel like I'm well on my way to embracing the ugly shoe thing (even though these aren't really all that ugly), I even bought myself a pair of Birkenstock-inspired shoes the other day! 

I feel like this could be the start of a beautiful friendship between myself and kimonos. I see many many more on my horizon. But for now, it's just me and this Boohoo beauty...

1 comment:

  1. I posted this lovely kimono on my blog the other day :) you look fab xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo