Tuesday 10 June 2014

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua | Review


When it comes to foundation, I like something lightweight with a good light-medium coverage that doesn't look too heavy or matte. Basically I like my skin to still look like my skin, just better. I've been using, and really liking, the YSL Touche Eclat foundation for sometime now but I do find it isn't quite as dewy as I'd like it to be. Cue, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, a water-based, lightweight foundation that is perfect for the whole your-skin-but-better look. 

This foundation definitely leans more towards the tinted moisturiser end of the spectrum in terms of its coverage and longevity but for me, that's exactly what I wanted. It blends into the skin really well - I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush - and the colour (B20) is a perfect match for me so that's an added bonus! As for the wear; I have pretty normal skin with a slightly oilier t-zone and I find this foundation does stick around for quite a long time and doesn't leave my face looking too greasy like I've found to be the case with some foundations. However, as this foundation is water based, if you have oilier skin I wouldn't really recommend it as it may just slide right off after a couple of hours. For me and my relatively normal skin though, it's a match made in foundation heaven and I predict that this is going to be my go-to base for some-time now. 

Have you tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo