Monday 3 March 2014

Oscars 2014 | Best Dressed

Last night the stars were out in force for the biggest awards night of the year and they really didn't disappoint in the dress department! Things started off a bit slow with only a few hits for me but then the really show stoppers started to arrive and this post was taken in a whole different direction to what I first thought.

My best dressed of the night is a tough one. I'm totally torn between Cate Blanchett, who wore a stunning, nude embellished Versace gown and Sandra Bullock, who absolutely blew me away wearing a navy blue Alexander McQueen gown.


Cate can do no wrong on the red carpet and last night she wowed me. The dress alone was beautiful but paired with opal drop diamond earrings and simple waved hair it made it the ultimate red carpet dream. Sandra, on the other hand, opted for a simpler, strapless dress with pleat detailing around the waist and then accessorised with a diamond bracelet, matching earrings and a side swept, curled hairstyle. Perfect! 


Another favourite look has to be Angelina Jolie who was one of the last to arrive but clearly it's true what they say: save the best until last! She wore a heavily sequined, sheer nude Ellie Saab gown paired with simple drop earrings and loose waved hair. And of course, she arrived as one half of Hollywood's King and Queen royalty, with Brad Bitt looking dapper as always. It doesn't really get much better than these two!


I feel like it would be a crime in itself not to mention Jennifer Lawrence and Lupita Nyong'o as they both wowed last night. Jennifer wore, a red Dior gown with side peplum details and a simple structured bodice. She completed her look with a diamond backwards necklace (could this be becoming her signature 'thing') and a silver box clutch. Lupita was at the other end of the spectrum wearing a pale, icy blue gown with a deep V neckline and a full skirt. What topped off her look though, was the added diamond headband, which I'm surprised doesn't have its own twitter account by now considering the amount of comments it received!


Now is where it starts to get tricky. I loved so many looks from last night that it's hard for me to narrow it down to just a select few. I think another of my favourites has to be Naomi Watts who wore a white, beaded Calvin Klein dress with simple black strappy heels. I like the simplicity and elegance that this look has and the natural combed back hair and red lip just make it that little bit better.

Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron were two more looks that I liked with Julia opting for a black Givenchy dress complete with a peplum and lace insert, and Charlize wearing a black, mermaid-style Dior gown with sheer overlay and clear straps. Both of these looks were not my favourites but they did really stand out to me even if they are rather sombre in black.

Other looks I liked include Emma Watson, Kate Hudson and Idina Menzel. They just didn't quite make the cut this time around. One thing I have to mention though is this amazing selfie that Bradley Cooper so awesomely took featuring the best of the best: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, J-Law, Brad and Angelina, Channing Tatum, Lupita Nyong'o, Kevin Spacey and Ellen Degeneres who so kindly tweet the photo!


Do you agree with my choices for best dressed from the 2014 Oscars? Who wore your favourite looks? 
Emma xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo