Thursday 12 December 2013

Clothes Show Live 25th Anniversary



The first week of December saw the start of the annual The Clothes Show Live and my mum and I woke up at the crack of dawn, hopped on a train (or two) and headed over to Birmingham's NEC for a Saturday filled with shopping, excitement and lots of people! Now for reasons that escape me, I've never actually been to the show before and considering I live only a short train journey away I thought it was about time I went! 

Now my expectations and the reality were completely different, I expected it to be big but in reality it was huge. I'm talking shopping mall big, filled with stalls upon stalls of fashion, beauty and even some home ware bits. Second expectation; I expected it to be busy, in reality, it was hectic, chaotic and stressful at times. I've never seen so many people pushing, shoving and scrambling to buy a bottle of Model's Own nail polish (that was definitely the busiest stall). That aside, I really enjoyed the shopping aspect of the show and got myself some goodies and some bargains - Ciate, by far, was my favourite stall! 

The best part of the day for me though, had to be the show itself in the Alcatel One Touch Theatre. Models and dancers took to the catwalk for a 45 minute catwalk show with high street, designer and graduate fashion being featured. This was my first ever catwalk experience and I loved it! The atmosphere was incredible and the show itself made the day for me with a mix of leather, sequins, tartan, fur and sports luxe! 

The show was hosted by Henry Holland, and featured models Thom Evans and Jade Thompson, as well as a special performance from X-Factor's Kingsland Road. The theme of the show was 'A Weekend in the Country' and this was carried throughout through various outfit changes (250 to be precise) and scenes like models going swimming, to Zumba class and a New Years Eve party.

As well as the fashion, there were dance performances like contemporary (which was my favourite) and hip hop and as a surprise, there was even a synchronised swimming routine. I'm so happy I finally attended The Clothes Show Live and I'm definitely going to make this  yearly thing from now on!


Have you been to The Clothes show Live before? What was your favourite part?  
Emma xo
Follow iamemmawilde on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo