Monday 23 September 2013

best dressed | emmy awards 2013

Last night was the 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles and I am blown away by the celebrities in attendance and their looks. I've picked out a few of my absolute favourites and thought I'd give my thoughts on them...

Julianne Hough in Jenny Packham
Julianne Hough took a risk with this duck egg, sequined Jenny Packham gown and I personally feel that the risk payed off. I love the 'peek-a-boo' effect that you get from this dress as it's still elegant with the mesh overlay but it just adds something a little different. The soft toned colour is also absolutely stunning and works perfectly with the silver detailing. 

Julianne finished off her look with a pearl clutch, soft beachy waves and a pink lip. This is definitely my favourite look from the entire night; she was daring but in a good way!


Sarah Hyland in Carolina Herrera
Sarah Hyland wore an emerald green Carolina Herrera gown with a plunging neckline, synced in waist belt and a black lace overlay and if this wasn't dramatic enough, she paired the dress with matching emerald earrings, cuff and a cocktail ring. 

Sarah's look seemed to follow the dark romantic trend very well, being finished off by a sleek ombre ponytail and oxblood lips and nails. This look is beautiful, I just wish she'd dress more for her age once in a while. 


Kiernan Shipka in Delpozo
Speaking of dressing age appropriate, 13-year-old Kiernan Shipka wore a cap-sleeve Delpozo dress with a bright colourful embroidered top and an organza A-line skirt with floral embellishments. I was so excited when I first saw this look, Kiernan looks exactly like a 13-year-old girl should, keeping it super fun with still an air of sophistication for the red carpet with a simple waved ponytail and gold sandals; perfect! 


Connie Britton in Naeem Khan
Connie Britton wore what was probably the most stand-out dress of the night purely for the material and texture of it. She wore a velvet, column Naeem Khan gown with gold embroidered detailing around the bodice and train. This was a daring choice but Connie definitely pulled it off paired with matching metallic nails, clutch and subtle make-up. 

Now I couldn't not mention Connie's hair in this post, her hair is almost as famous as she is (it has its own twitter page) and cor, blimey she didn't disappoint last night with her flawless locks waved beautifully - serious hair envy coming from my direction! 


Kerry Washington in Marchesa
Kerry Washington wore a very romantic looking Marchesa gown which had a lot going on but it worked for her! The blush gown featured a ribbon bodice, floral appliqués, beaded embellishments and a long tulle train but even with all this, Kerry still looked great. She finished off her look with waved hair, a nude lip and a pearl box clutch. Kerry's looks are always very hit and miss for me but this dress just somehow worked and complimented her skin tone beautifully. 

Do you agree with my best dressed picks? Who wore your favourite look of the night? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo