Thursday 29 November 2012

BEST DRESS | UNICEF SNOWFLAKE BALL

Two posts in one day, I'm on a roll!

I just love it when the Snowflake Ball comes around each year, everyone looks so elegant and very reminiscent of an ice, metallic scene (that makes sense in my head)! This year left me somewhat disappointed though and I found myself only able to choose three looks that stood out to me in a way I felt I could write a best dressed post and here they are... 

Allison Williams
Girls star Allison Williams wore probably my favourite look of the night, keeping it very elegant with a muted duck-egg Naeem Khan gown and very minimal jewellery. The lace overlay and the metallic embellishments really give off a mermaid vibe, continued through the fit and slight tail. I like how Allison styled this look and for me, this dress on its own is a real stand-out. 


Selena Gomez
Selena Gomez wore a black Dolce & Gabbana halter-necked gown with bronzed gold embellished detailing around the neck and body. The panel effect on this dress really flatters Selena's figure and creates a slight fish tail that just adds to the otherwise figure-hugging dress. Selena completed her look with a black clutch, a simple nude lip and contrast red nails and earrings. This look isn't the best I've ever seen, but it really suits the occasion and I like the detailing a lot. 

Katy Perry
We all must remember the showstopping caped looks donned by Gwyneth Paltrow and Lana Del Rey earlier this year, but now Katy Perry has taken on that trend with a navy blue Naeem Khan cut-out gown and matching cape. The dress itself is very flattering on Katy and the floral cutout detailing down the front really is a nice touch. The cape however just doesn't do it for me; I like other variations of capes that I've seen in the past, but the sheer material and loose cut of this one really don't do the dress itself any justice. This look still deserves some recognition though as the styling and overall look work perfectly. 

Emma xo
follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo