Wednesday 29 July 2015

Saint Laurent 'Style Is Eternal' - Farfetch.com



When I think of Saint Laurent as a brand, I immediately think of monochrome and timeless pieces that can be transitioned season after season, and that is exactly what the new Yves Saint Laurent: Style is Eternal exhibition is all about. Luxury fashion site Farfetch.com are challenging bloggers like myself to put together a Saint Laurent look centred around the iconic Le Smoking Tuxedo jacket that could be worn for eternity without ever going out of fashion. 

Now as soon as I found out bout this competition I knew I wanted to do an all-monochrome look but move away slightly from the classic tuxedo jacket and tailored trousers option so I opted for these zip detailed leather trousers to give it an overall edgier feel, while still being timeless. I paired these with a classic white shirt with a twist by choosing this ruffled pussy bow style and a rather statement (but still timeless) studded chain bag that I personally have had my eye on for some time. 

To finish off the look I decided to give two shoe options, a smart tasselled loafer for the day and a classic pair of strapped sandals for the night. Both could be switched depending on your lifestyle of course! For the finishing touches I'd add a pair of black sunglasses and a slight pop of colour (most cliche statement ever) with this rather fabulous red lipstick pin. 

I absolutely love this look and it would definitely be something I'd wear both during the day and in the evening. I like mixing up the smarter tuxedo jacket and shirt with the leather trousers and studded bag to give it a bit of edge and I can see this look being something that could be worn for years and years. This outfit is for sure eternal in my opinion...

2 comments:

  1. Love your picks - this outfit definitely wouldn't ever go out of style! That shirt is such a nice twist on the classic white shirt.

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo