Tuesday 16 June 2015

Controlling Oily Skin


Generally I have quite oily skin around my t-zone and especially with summer on its way, I'm always looking for products that will help stop my makeup completely sliding off my face mid-way through the day. After searching for some time and trying out a a lot of things I think I've finally got my oily skin under control using just two (or sometimes three) products!

If you have oily skin you generally want to stay away from dewy foundations as these tend to just slide right off the face and with having oily skin to begin with, you shouldn't really find the need to add more dewiness anyway. I find that mattifying foundations work best and I'm currently using the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte as this gives my skin a nice coverage but because it's matte, it doesn't make my skin look oily throughout the day. With this particular foundation I don't ever feel the need to use a powder over the top but if I'm using a slightly less matte foundation then I will apply a dusting of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to keep my base in place without making my skins look cakey. 

To finish up my make-upend keep everything in place all day, I like to use Mac Fix+ as a makeup setting spray. This helps my makeup settle and gives a natural glow without the excess oils that I don't want. I like to use this spray pretty much everyday and with a good skincare routine underneath, my make-up stays put pretty much all day.

Do you have oily skin? What products do you use to help your make-up stay in place?

2 comments:

  1. I have really oily skin as well, and the L'Oreal Infalliable 24hr Matte sounds pretty good. Might need to give it a try :)

    Emily x
    http://www.emilytrinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a try, my face stays matte all day when I use it!

      Delete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo