Monday 4 May 2015

Blend Active | Banana & Kiwi


So my usual Monday outfit slot is being substituted this week due to the terrible weather where I live, normally scheduling will resume hopefully soon! I thought I'd start adding a few different topics to my blog though, including some food/health related posts and with that, I thought I'd start with my first ever homemade smoothie. I have been wanting to buy a blender for absolutely ages now but I could never settle on which one to buy but I've been seeing the Blend Active by Breville appearing on quite a few blogs and instagrams lately so I thought I'd give this budget friendly option a go!


The box comes with the blender itself and two travel-friendly bottles with lids that you actually also use to blend up the mixture in, rather than having to fuss around with pouring it into a bottle or glass. For my first blender encounter I thought I'd start simple and try my hand at making a smoothie. I opted for a banana and kiwi flavour (I'm thinking strawberry next!) and it turned out surprisingly better than I expected! It was pretty simple to make and the ingredients I used are as follows:

1x Banana (large size)
2x Kiwi
1 handful of crushed ice
1/2 cup of semi-skimmed milk (you could use almond/soya etc)
1 tablespoon of honey (optional)

As you can see from the ingredients, it's pretty darn simple but it tastes delicious and is filling enough to have as your breakfast or lunch for a lower calorie option. Obviously dependant on the milk you use will reflect in the calorie intake, as will the honey but I definitely thought this made a difference to the overall taste taking it from bitter to sweet. 

I'm really happy with the choice I made to buy the Blend Active. It's super convenient with the take-away bottles and it blends pretty much anything, including full ice cubes! I'm keen to try some more combinations and experiment with what works and what doesn't - I'm sure I'm going to end up with a few questionable results at first! I am keen to try out some of the Jamie Oliver 'Super Smoothies', he's got some great ideas..

Let me know your favourite smoothie/fruit juice ingredients, maybe I'll give them a go soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo