Thursday 7 August 2014

Worth the Hype?


There are several products out there that cause quite a stir in the beauty blogging community but I’m always looking to ask the question: are they worth this hype? I’d say I’m quite a skeptical person, especially regarding newly releases products as they often get a lot of press for simply being new, rather than for being great. So today I’ve picked out a few of these products to answer the question (in my opinion) if they are really worth it or not.


Now we’ve all heard of the holy grail NARS blushes and bronzers - or should I say bronzer - with the major players like Orgasm and Laguna taking centre stage but for me, it took me a while to finally take the plunge and buy one (or two). I went with Deep Throat which is a slightly shimmered cool pink tone as I found Orgasm to be far too resemblance of a disco ball and Laguna as this is the ‘standard’ bronzer shade in the range. The formula of both the blush and the bronzer are great but what really makes them worth the hype is the longevity and the pigmentation, which are beyond anything else.


The Nuxe Rev de Miel lip balm has done the rounds several times on various blogs but each time I heard a positive review on it, it somehow managed to put me off it slightly. I suppose you could say I felt that it was over hyped. I did however purchase it on a recent trip to Paris and I can honestly say I’ve never tried a lip balm like it, it’s an absolute dream to use and my lips have never felt better; I’m definitely on the love side of the fence with this one.

I'm definitely a sucker when it comes to lip products, in particular lipsticks. I give in to almost all of the good reviews I hear and if it looks pretty or does something fancy then count me in! So when Bourjois released their Rouge Edition lipsticks I raced to pick myself up the shade Pink Pong, a blue-toned pink that compliments most skin tones beautifully. The formula on these is also great an once they've dried they do not budge. 


The Barry M Helly Hi-Shine nail polishes have received countless number of rave reviews and although they do have some pretty amazing colours, of which I picked up several, they just don’t have the lasting power to back it up. The formula itself is great, opaque in one coat and they do finish super shiny but I’ve found them to chip after only one day on me and that can get pretty annoying after a few re-applications.

Foundations and me often have a love/hate relationship. I find a lot of the time I'm just not happy with the finish, some are too thick, others are too dewy but Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua gets everything so right. This is a relatively new purchase for me but one that I have been using almost daily since. It strikes the perfect balance between being too dewy and being too matte and the formal itself is so lightweight that it's barely even noticeable on the skin. This one definitely gets a thumbs up from me. 

1 comment:

  1. The Chanel foundation sounds amazing! Definitely one I would like to try <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo