Tuesday 27 May 2014

APP STORE FINDS - THREE MOBILE


Recently I was contacted by an agency who represents Three Mobile, with the challenge of finding apps via the iPhone app store that are great for fashion and beauty bloggers like myself. I found this a bit of a challenge as I'm a creature of habit, so tend to stick to the same apps day-in, day-out. Not willing to accept defeat however, I did manage to find a couple of apps and an album that I felt fit myself well and would prove to be things I'd end up using a lot. The first app I found was 7 Minute Workout Challenge (£1.49*), which as the name would suggest, is a very quick and convenient workout app for those people who can't get to the gym all the time or simply find it a struggle to workout. This app is easy to use and surprisingly does feel like you are getting a good, gym-worthy workout in just seven minutes. It even has a handy alarm system for those days when you really just can't get motivated. 

The second app I found was Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock (*69p), which I have wanted to try out for a while now but I've just never gotten round to downloading it. It's basically an alarm clock that monitors your sleep and movement and then wakes you up when you are in your lightest sleep. Now this is a tricky one to get used to; I've used it a couple of times now and the first time it woke me up really early (4:30am!) and the second time it woke me up at 7am. I'm not sure how it works, or even if it does work, but I found it a fun little app and one that also shows you your sleep pattern in graph form - because everyone loves a graph right? 

Now onto the final app I found and probably the one that I doubt I'll be using very often - Blek (*69p). Blek appeared on the app charts and so I thought I'd give it a go. It's a game app with an emphasis on arts and being artistic - I should have stayed away from this one after reading that! The aim of the game is to guide your one painted line into the blue circles without hitting the black circles or having to do a separate line. It's all very confusing and I managed to get to level three before I retired my Blek hat for good.  This one I'm not sure I'd recommend. 

Now onto the album that I downloaded, Glorious by Foxes*. I'll admit, before seeing this on the iTunes homepage, I'd never heard of Foxes, nor has I really listened to anything like this. I tend to stick to what I know when it comes to music but for some reason I was just drawn to this album from the get-go. Glorious is a pop album, which is not my usual cup of tea but it doesn't sound auto tuned or like everything else and that's why I like it. It's a very unique vocal range and my favourite songs are definitely Beauty Queen and Clarity.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo