Friday 11 October 2013

beauty | what's in my makeup bag - travel edition

I don't always carry a makeup bag with me, I don't often see the need, just a few essentials and I'm perfectly fine to survive the day. That being said, if I'm off travelling somewhere (which happens less frequently than maybe I'd like it to) I do like to bring a small-ish makeup bag with me just with all the necessary things I may need, without lugging my entire collection round with me! 
On Sunday I'm heading down to London for two weeks (eeeek!) to do a placement at Fabulous magazine, which I'm super excited about but lets save that for another post. For that I will definitely be needing a travel makeup bag for those unfortunate mornings on the tube where I may end up looking like a shiny mess - tubes are hot and stressful places from my experience - or simply just to touch up throughout the day. So here are the products I'll be taking along with me (minus a few other lip products): 

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent - this product, despite its super cheap packaging, is a life saver for those oily days. It gives the face a matte look and is perfect to reapply throughout the day as it doesn't cake at all. 

YSL Touche Eclat in 1 - I don't tend to use this in the mornings when I'm getting ready but throughout the day I get a tad click-happy with this little gold pen under my eyes, down my nose and on my cupids bow. 

Mac Lipstick in Syrup - this is the perfect everyday lip colour for me and the formula is just amazing; I think I may just be a MAC convert after using this! 

Dior Lip Addict Glow - I admit, I was a complete sucker for the packaging of this but the product itself is actually amazing too. It is supposed to react with your lips to the 'perfect' pink shade and it really does. Great for everyday too. 

Benefit High Beam - my favourite highlighter that I like to apply I the mornings and top up mid-day. That's my only qualm with this product, the lasting power isn't great but I still love it, it gives my cheeks such a natural glow! 

17 Metallic Eyes in Wild Nude - I'm not big on extravagant eye looks, I do own the Naked palette which I love and use but for travelling I like to take one or two good cream eye shadows that I can use as all-over colours and this one is the perfect everyday brown/nude base. 

Real Techniques Blush and Buffing Brushes - although I have the core collection with the handy travel case, I don't really like to take this with me and much prefer to just bring a good foundation brush and a good blush\powder brush, the rest I can just apply with my fingers. 

Revlon Photoready Blush in Flushed, YSL Babydoll Mascara, Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl in Nude, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Rimmel Concealer in Golden Beige

This is just a handful of my favourite products that I like to take along with me. You know, just for emergencies. What are your favourite products to take with you when you travel? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo