Monday 15 July 2013

beauty | yves saint laurent volume effect mascara 'baby doll'




YSL Baby Doll Volume Effet Mascara - £24.50 (currently £20.42 at Debenhams)

While looking round the YSL counter in Debenhams a few weeks ago I spotted (once again) Cara Delevingne looking back at me from the Baby Doll advert and my want for this mascara increased just that little bit more. I never had the intention that day however to actually buy this but after seeing it on my eyelashes I was persuaded and I caved in and bought it. 

The mascara is housed in the iconic YSL gold packaging with pink 'baby doll' lettering. The brush is actually rubber (unlike any other mascaras I've tried) and comes with two sides; thick and spaced bristles to coat the lashes and create volume and fine and close bristles to reach every lash. Now I'm not certain that these two types of bristles actually make much difference but for me,this mascara definitely gives the volume I've been looking for without creating those awful spidery looking lashes that some mascaras do. 

I've tried YSL's Shocking mascara and for me personally, it left my lashes a little too clumpy looking and almost crispy which is not for me. With the Baby Doll mascara, I found I was left with separated, volumized and pretty darn perfect looking lashes; I think I've just found my new favourite mascara! 

Have you tried YSL Baby Doll mascara? What do you think of it?

Follow iamemmawilde on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo