Sunday 21 April 2013

A FULL FACE OF YVES SAINT LAURENT

Today I went out with the intention of picking up a free sample of Estee Lauder Doublewear Foundation and then coming straight back. That then turned into a full face make-up from a lovely woman at the YSL counter at Debenhams. 

I've actually had my eye on the YSL Touche Eclat for some time now but at the hefty price of £25, for the time being it's a bit out of my price range. That being said I wanted to try it out and asked the woman at the counter if she'd mind showing me how it works etc. She applied it below my eyes and on the lids, as well as down my nose and around my lips; so it's basically just an all-over face highlighter! I absolutely loved how glowing it made my face look and my eyes looked so much brighter. Having tried the product, I was all set to leave when she kindly offered to do the rest of my face for me and seeing as I've never had my make-up done before I jumped at the chance. I can't get over how lovely the lady working at the counter was, she didn't mind my novice knowledge of makeup and she clearly knew her stuff which is an added bonus! 

It was a really nice experience overall, she talked through all the products, gave her opinions on what was best suited to my skin and she even gave us a free perfume sample which is always exciting! I honestly cannot believe how great my skin looks now even after four/five hours, and also how bright and refreshed it feels, the foundation literally weighs nothing on the skin! I also love the extra colour and dimension my face has from using a bronzer, without it being overly orange; I really like the natural look she gave me. The products used on my face were, the Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in the shade B50, Touche Eclat (No1), Terre Saharienne Bronzer in Copper Sand, Shocking Mascara (Black), Golden Gloss Lipgloss (51) as well as the Forever Liberator Eye Serum and Face Serum beforehand. Everything on my face comes to a whopping £239.50 which is just, wow. I feel like if I wash it off I'll be washing money down the drain! 

Anyway, I didn't buy anything in the end (and felt super guilty after she spent so long talking with us) but I definitely now have a few things on my make-up wish list that I'd hopefully like to get at some point. 

Have you tried any of these YSL products? Which is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo