Friday 26 June 2015

Not Quite A Beauty Blender...But Just As Good?!


When it comes to applying my base make-up I'm definitely one for using a buffing brush of sorts as using my fingers just doesn't seem very hygienic and those flat 'foundation brushes' just don't do it for me. I have been on the hunt for something to rival my much loved Real Techniques Buffing Brush and I think I may have found just that in the form of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. It's basically a more affordable - and slightly differently shaped - Beauty Blender and that is something I've wanted to try for a long time but with it not exactly being the cheapest of make-up sponges around, I put off buying it. The Miracle Complexion sponge however is a mere £5.99 and from what I can gather, it isn't all that dissimilar providing exactly the same results, if not better. 

I've been using the RT sponge to blend out my under-eye concealer as it's perfect for getting into the corners and packing down that coverage with the pointed end. I've also tried it for foundation application and though this isn't my preferred method, it did do the job well and I've since just been using it after my buffing brush as a way of blending out any areas I got a tad to heavy-handed with  foundation. The sponge has the usual pointed end and then unlike the Beauty Blender, it has a flat surface at the other end making it easier to use; it also expands to almost double its size when wet so that helps if you are going to use it to apply your foundation. If you have oily skin I'd say this sponge is best used dry to bring down any shine in the face, but if you're after that added glow trying dampening it for a more flawless finish.

So although I am keen to try out the Beauty Blender to really compare the two (I'll do a comparison post if I do), for the moment I'm happy with how the Real Techniques version finishes my skin and I may just have become a beauty sponge convert. I'm not sure I'll be retiring my buffing brushes just yet but they definitely have some serious competition.

Have you tried the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge? What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo