Friday 27 June 2014

A Pink Lip Lineup | Beauty


I seem to have been purchasing lip products left right and centre recently, in particular, bold pink shades, which are normally so unlike me. I tend to stick to nude and mauve shades as I'm not quite daring enough to wear the neon pop shades that are often associated with the summer months. That being said, I have gone slightly crazy lately an bought several bold pink shades from matte crayons to liquid lipsticks - I've bought them all! These five bolds have been making up my summer 'lip wardrobe' as of late (with a few nudes thrown in for those lazy days) and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic: I've been trying to get my hands on this aide for months now but I was starting to think that it had become extinct or something. That was until I spotted it last week while shopping in Manchester, it was a total 'ahhhhh' moment. All of the matte balms are extremely pigmented and the lasting power is superb, especially so for the neon pink shade Unapologetic, which is the perfect summer bold. These matte balms are surprisingly hydrating on the lips and they leave a lovely stain afterwards, so there's no real need to reapply throughout the day.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong: If you are looking for a long lasting, creamy formulation that stays put on the lips for hours then the rouge edition velvets are the perfect option. I've been enjoying the deep pink shade Pink Pong for a less neon, and more rich look. These liquid lipsticks really do stick around for hours, they apply like a wet gloss almost but then dry to a velvet, almost matte look on the lips. Perfect!

MAC Retro Matte lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous: I suppose you could say that I'm a newbie to the world of MAC lipsticks, I haven't really explored the range much, or the types of finishes that are available. One finish that I've really been loving at the moment though is retro matte, specifically in the shade Flat Out Fabulous, which is a beautiful deep pink, almost magenta shade. I picked this up last week and I've found that the formula, although matte, isn't drying at all and of course, the colour sticks are all day. See me wearing it here.

L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick in 201 Rose Symphony: Sometimes if I'm having a dry lips day, pretty much every lip products I own ends up sitting in all of the dry patches. The L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire however, doesn't do this at all. It's very hydrating and very soft on the lips so perfect for everyday wear. The shade range isn't fantastic but Rose Symphony is a great muted pink shade that still packs a punch. On thing, these lipsticks do have a very fruity scent to them so this could be off putting for some people.

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick in 902 Fuchsia Flash: This is the only glossy lipstick in the bunch and also I think the most neon. The formula of these Color Sensational lipsticks is just so creamy and so smooth that they leave your lips feeling completely moisturised. The lasting power isn't as long as some because of the more glossy formula, but this doesn't really bother me because the shade Fuchsia Flash is a joy to apply anyway. This is the one that is definitely most out of my comfort zone but I'm getting there...slowly!

So there you have it, five bold lipsticks that I've really been enjoying wearing as of late. What are you favourite bold shades to wear? I'd love to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo