Wednesday 1 May 2013

Real Techniques Stippling Brush




I've been recently getting a lot more into beauty items than I used to be, looking into different foundations especially to try to achieve that flawless base look. Now normally I'd just apply foundations with my fingers but I really want to try out a brush to see if it really does make a difference in the finish look, so I invested in my first Real Techniques brush and chose the stippling brush after reading its claims to give an 'airbrushed, high definition' result. For those of you who don't know, Real Techniques is the brand created by make-up artist Samantha Chapman who is also one half of the Youtube channel Pixiwoo

My verdict? Well, the first thing I noticed was the colour and the overall shape of the whole brush. All the brushes are colour coded and this one is a lovely pink colour which is always a welcome addition. As for the shape, the brush is actually freestanding so this makes for easy storage and the handle itself is a great shape to hold comfortably in the hand. The bristles are flat-topped and made from a synthetic, duo fibre material meaning no stray hairs left on the face and also a really good, dense application. One thing I must mention though is the size of the brush, it's on the small side so you must be prepared for it to take slightly longer to apply a full face, but for me, this hasn't been a huge issue at all. 

I honestly feel that the claims of giving an airbrushed result are very true, as long as you are prepared to spend slightly longer applying to allow for both full coverage and the stippling motion in problem areas. Although I love this brush, I'm keen to try out the ever raved about buffing brush which is said to be a much better way of apply foundation; for now though, I'll be gladly sticking to the stippling brush. 

Emma xo 
follow me on TWITTER and instagram at iamemmawilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so so much for taking the time to comment! I love reading comments :)
If you have any questions or just want to say hi, then feel free to tweet me @iamEmmaWilde.

Have a lovely day! xo